Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Alice in Chains!

Had a chance to listen to the new Alice in Chains project, Black Gives Way to Blue, recently. It is a very impressive comeback album. They have a new lead singer, William Duvall, who more than capably fills the void created by the death of Layne Staley. It is eerie how the signature sound that Alice in Chains fans remember is captured to a great degree on Black.

This is one of my all-time favorite bands, and it's great that they are back on the scene. And I'm really missing Layne Staley right now. If you are an Alice in Chains fan, pick up Black Gives Way to Blue today. You won't be dissappointed.

Below is a live acoustic version of "Check my Brain." And because I am reminded of how much I miss Staley, check out the timeless "Them Bones."






I have included a pic of Alice Webb (her name's Alice, get it?), who apparently wants to show us something. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment