Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Be Thankful



The past couple of weeks have been some of the toughest of my professional life. I am facing serious pressure at my real job, and even as I write this, I am not sure how things will pan out. Because of this overwhelming uncertainty about my present and my future, I've been pretty darned distressed lately. Sorry for the lack of detail, but these circumstances have gotten me so down that I even considered suicide. I figured that ending my life would eliminate the anxiety. Of course, I wasn't completely serious about ending my life-- I didn't buy a pistol or anything-- but I saw the logic in it very clearly for the first time, and I had to really struggle to convince myself that it wasn't a viable option.

Thankfully, I overcame one of the major obstacles in my path yesterday, and things are looking a bit more positive right now. So my perspective is much different today.

The video above is "On the Edge of a Cliff" from the UK band The Streets. It is a very inspirational song with a poignant message, and at this time of year it's good to listen to the lyrics. It also just rocks. But remember, as Mike Skinner says, "for billions of years since the outset of time every single one of your ancestors survived." No matter what is taking place in your life, the very fact that you're alive is a motherfucking miracle and you should celebrate that shit, not only during the Thanksgiving holiday, but every single day of your life.

Sorry to go all RevRunWisdom on you, but every once in a while I like to wax philosophical. Refuse to let circumstances get you down, people!

Below we have another reason to back away from the edge: the beautiful Samantha Slopes. She's always been one of my favorites, and she has a revamped website coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment