Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mos Def... and Some Sexy Eagles fans


The Official BBWF ipod

Though I was born and raised in south Texas, I have always preferred hip-hop music that had a New York state of mind. Today's Hip-Hop landscape is dominated by a wide variety of voices, many of which have a southern accent. Though I do believe Hip-Hop is still breathing, the days of east coast dominance are over. However, with albums from Jay-Z, Rakim, Grand Puba, Q-tip, Raekwon, and others, 2009 was a great year for those who needed a respite from the Lil Waynes and Flo Ridas of the world.

Below, we go to the ipod for some tracks from Brooklyn's own Mos Def, from his 2009 release The Ecstatic. I think it might have been the best album of 2009. Enjoy!


"History" is classic Blackstar. Talib Kweli joins his partner for a beautiful example of what Hip-Hop should sound like.


This is probably my favorite song on the album. And it is over four minutes long, which is uncharacteristic of the overall project. The brevity of the songs would be my only complaint on this joint.

"Roses" features the lovely voice of Georgia Anne Muldrow, and it is a gorgeous song.

We also have something to fuel your lust on this fine Saturday, and since I am a noted Cowboys hater, I have included some sexiness from some of the hottest Eagles fans on the planet. Philly plays Dallas in the NFL playoffs tonight in Arlington. Needless to say, I am an Eagles fan for a day, and I hope the Cowboys' playoff drought continues.

This one is an old photo, but one of my favorites: Asshley in a McNabb jersey.

Noted Eagles fan Stunning Summer

Philly's most beautiful girl, Maria Moore.

Here's Stunning Summer getting smashed by Shorty Black. The sound is not synced properly, but this is some quality couch coitus. Tnaflix, we thank you.

Enjoy your Saturday, people. And go Eagles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment